Professional Development Leader
Part-time, remote, includes travel
Are you passionate about computer science education and equity for students? Do you want to have a huge impact on teachers and students across the globe?
Vidcode’s mission is to provide an engaging and accessible way for all students to learn computer programming and discover the code behind their favorite things. Vidcode is a Y Combinator-backed company in a rapidly growing industry. We are a small, agile team and are seeking a freelance consultant to assist us in spreading the word about Vidcode. This opportunity has the potential to turn into a full-time role for the right person.
You will run PD workshops at districts, conferences and events to teachers around the country, teaching them to integrate coding into their subject areas with Vidcode, and help them bring creative coding back to their students. You will build strong relationships with the teachers you work with in order to drive the achievement of all students.
- Plan, implement and reflect on professional development workshops using Vidcode
- Represent Vidcode at conferences, speaking knowledgeably on computer science pedagogy and state policy
- Build relationships with teachers during both free and sponsored professional developments
Who we’re looking for
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an understanding of how to facilitate professional growth in adult learners
- Experience in instructional strategies that support gender equity and empathy
- Able to travel nationally to partner sites and conferences
- Friendly and comfortable on the phone
- Comfortable presenting to groups of people and thinks quickly on their feet
- Embraces risk and failure as a means to learn
- A passion for education
- Has a ton of small startup hustle
- Comfortable in fast paced environment
- 2+ years K-12 teaching experience
- Dynamic and curious team
- The ability to impact a growing team
- Local and national travel
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Professional Development Leader."